What Is A Good Way To Handle Temper Tantrums Thats Not Too Over The Top...lol

For Example If The Child Is At The Store With You & Dosent Get What He Or She Wants & Starts The Tantrum What Is A Good Way To Handle It?

babyjizmalife

Asked by babyjizmalife at 2:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 6 (-63 Credits)
  • Ignore them and they will see that they don't get the attention they are after
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 2:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My son pulled this one time and I was so shocked i couldnt react at all, which turned out to be the right thing to do lol. Then we got in car and I lookeda t hima nd said"that made mom sad and I am so embarassed for you." and he lost it, I think he was 2 and you could tell her read the diasappointment. But i think that make sure they are safe9in cart of whatever) and then go about your business, and maybe sometimes say"i am sorry you are having a hard day" something non engaging. People understand that kids do this and anyone wjho give you the "horribloe mom" look is an ass. if its really out of control remove child fro the store asap, and let them know they cannot go anymore. At some point the child will connect"I do nto get good things, if I =act liek that" hopefull I helped a lil bit :o) good luck mom.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2009