Help hubby grrrr

i want to say its enough... im done... but i dont want leav him... bc i love him sooo much.... but hes not the person that i feel for... he hasnt had a job in ne yr +3 months... and i have two kids one his... the other not... anyways.. he smoke alot... NOOT WEED haha and drinks way too much but i have alreadytold him eather the drink or its your family... for alitle it was great... but now... he is back to drinkin... and i had to go to the er this morring bc of his drinking.... and he is tryin to get into the navy to help our family out.... but bast off the crap that happened i want to leav him of he dont get into the navy... realy i have had it enough is enough.... and i dont want to go to work bc my 3mon old has down syndrome.... but if i have to i will but... ahhhh i just some help advice... what would u doo... i used to wrok and i did it all house work and work... what do i dooo???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• 1- why did you have to go to the er?
    2- i know its a crappy situation, but i was the child in a situation like this, my dad chose alcohol, mom stayed with him for way to long cuz she thought it was better for me, she had good interntions, but it was not good at all, if he cant make the choice for him self then you need to make the choice for your kids
    good luck girl
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 2:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I am a Marriage and Family Therapist...I never get to really tell people they should leave because it is your decision weather or not to leave but since I'm not at work i'd say leave him! Fast! I grew up with a father who drank too much and didnt work. Really- i'd rather have been in day care and come home to a loving mother than see my dad being drunk and pathetic all day.
    kellycali

Answer by kellycali at 4:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I would tell him you are leaving and when he gets some help and gets a job you will be willing to discuss getting back with him. It will be his decision to do what's required to get his family back if he wants it. Tell him you will help him if he is serious.
    Anonymous

• As hard as it will be, you need to think about yourself and your kids. Especially if he is hurting you. I was married to a drunk for many years, so I know how you feel. But, the best decision I made in my life was to pack up the kids and go. I wishyou the best.
    lsj913

Answer by lsj913 at 5:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2009