What should I do with my sick baby that consumed sour milk?

My little one who is 14 months, got into some sour milk. She's normally miss independent, but is stuck to me like glue... Besides the whimpering, she has had diarhea and vomited once (smelled sour, of course). She's warm all over. She blatantly doesn't feel well. Do you think a little gingerale may settle her tummy? or just make it worse???? Thanks mommas!

dirty4x4mom

Asked by dirty4x4mom at 2:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Give her some crackers, (if she will eat) and some pedialyte. Was she sick before she got into the sour milk??
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 2:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• She didn't act sick, but this all happened in the last 24 hrs.. it is possible she just wasn't showing signs before then.
    dirty4x4mom

Answer by dirty4x4mom at 2:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• call your doc office and talk to a nrse or doc, or if there is a nurse line # on the back of your insurance card call that.
    may i ask how she got into sour milk?
    Anonymous

• apparently i missed the cup and she found it :( it was prob a good day an 1/2 old... mommy's fault :(
    dirty4x4mom

Answer by dirty4x4mom at 2:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• She'll be fine. Your body's natural reaction when eating something bad is to vomit. It sounds to me more like she's got a virus than from the sour milk. My guess would be she didn't drink that much because it didn't taste good. How much did she drink? Does she have a temp? Give her the BRAT diet, Bananas, Rice, Applesuace, and Toast. Try giving her some pedialyte too.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• taking her to ER... temp hit 103
    dirty4x4mom

Answer by dirty4x4mom at 2:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• The ER isn't necessary for a fever of 103. Give her some tylenol and dress her in cool clothes.
    Anonymous

• thanks for the tips ladies... she has a bug.
    dirty4x4mom

Answer by dirty4x4mom at 7:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2009