Survey for my online course for IWU - Need 5 people!

Where can the word Anti-Christ be found in the bible?
What is your understanding of the antichrist?
Where has your understanding came from - books, movies, sermons?

mommasunflower

Asked by mommasunflower at 2:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am a little rusty, but I willtry to answer:

The name "antichrist" is only found in 1 John 2:18, 2:22, 4:3, and 2 John 7.

I understand that the antichrist is a man whom will come to power and will deny both God the Father and Jesus the Son. He will be a liar and a deceiver.

My understanding comes from the Bible, and my hubs who taught me about Jehovah (god) and inspired me to read his books and except him into my heart.
    Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 3:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Where can the word Anti-Christ be found in the bible? 1 John 1:18, 22; 4:3 & 2 John 1:7

What is your understanding of the antichrist?“Antichrist” means “against (or instead of) Christ.” So in its broadest sense, the term refers to all who oppose or lyingly claim to be the Christ or his representatives. Jesus himself said: “He that is not on my side is against me [or is antichrist], and he that does not gather with me scatters.”—Luke 11:23.

Where has your understanding came from - books, movies, sermons? The Bible.

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Because Jesus’ disciples are persecuted “on account of [Jesus’] name,” the persecutors are clearly antichrist, against Christ. The “false prophets,” some of whom were once Christians, are also in that category. (2 John 7) These “many antichrists,” wrote John, “went out from us, but they were not of our sort; for if they had been of our sort, they would have remained with us.”—1 John 2:18, 19.
    The words of both Jesus and John plainly indicate that the antichrist is not a single person but is made up of many individual antichrists. Moreover, because they are false prophets, one of their main objectives is religious deception. What are some of their devices?
    lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Thank you everyone so far! Awesome insight!!!
    mommasunflower

Answer by mommasunflower at 3:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• OK, I am not sitting in front of a bible or anything, so I am going by what I remember of what I was taught when I went to church. I was always told that the Anti-christ was referred to in Revelation and it was someone who would come to the world and claim to be the second coming of christ. However, he would lead all those who followed him to hell. And he would also bring about the apocolypse.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• The anti Christ is all those who oppose Christ and his teachings.
    Its not one person,but many.
    Anonymous