How many of your unvaccinated kids have had an infectious disease?

Just wondering, can anyone share an expirience of having an unvaccinated child who's had an infectious disease they are currently vaccinating for?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• Great question! I'll be watching this question to see the responses. Thanks for asking it.
    joannakitler

Answer by joannakitler at 2:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Like I said in your other post. My friend's son got measels when he was 2, he is now 7. And, both her kids, ages 7 and 4, have chicken pox currently
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i have a fried who is greatly dibilitated from having polio when she was a child
    y would you not want to protect your children from theese diseases that are at the minniumu uncomfortable and at the worst deadly? makes no sence
    Anonymous

• I haven't (my daughter has had all of her shots) but the most common are roto-virus, chicken pox, measles, and mumps. While many of these illnesses aren't that serious for kids, many of them are very serious for adults. Chicken pox is often fatal for adults - a friend of mine nearly died and was too sick to work for nearly a year after catching it while in college.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I don't see the sense in vaccinating against the less harmful things. The more deadly things I understand.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I know a woman who has horrible medical problems all stemming from her case of "mild" polio when she was a child. No vaccination.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My son got the chicken poxs from the vac. lol
    Anonymous

• My friend got chicken pox when he was in his 20's and now has epilepsy from the extreme fevers he got with it. He is now on disability for the rest of his life, because he can't work. He may have an episode at any time.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Some people just insist on going against the grain. Suit yourself if you don't think that protecting your children from diseases that are completely preventable is important. Don't try to tell us not to vaccinate our children. Some of us care more about our children than trying to make invalid points.
    Anonymous

• My dd got chicken pox at 11mths and she's fine. She did end up with a case of Shingles when she was 5 but no serious problems from either. My ds got the chicken pox shot at a year old and then a small case of the chicken pox at 3. It seems so silly to vaccinate when he got it anyway...even if it was a milder case. I wonder ...can he still get shingles even though he had the shot...hmm..time for some research!
    danni33

Answer by danni33 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2009