cradle cap help me

My daughter is 6 months old and has really long hair and has horrible cradle cap. I have tryed the whole baby oil and a soft brush to remove the flakes but it didnt help just made her hair nasty and tons more flakes. it went from one small spot to the whole top of her head all you can see is a yellow crust now just with in two days. What can i don to get rid of this it makes me feel like i dont keep my baby girl clean its nasty

J_L_Fshr

Asked by J_L_Fshr at 3:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my ped told me to use dandruff shampoo to wash out the baby oil. i would put the baby oil on the cradle cap in the morning, before her bath that night i would use her lil baby comb to get the loose flakes, and then wash her hair very well with the dandruff shampoo. it works awesome.
    lilredsfrm67

Answer by lilredsfrm67 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Try rubbing in a lot of vegetable oil and then giving her a bath and wash her head really good with shampoo and kinda scrub but be gental..
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 3:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My son will be 3 next month and still has cradle cap. Not as bad now though. I use dandruf shampoo on him but he is older. Try asking your ped what is safe to use on her.
    Anonymous

• If you've already tried the oil, try dandruff shampoo and if that doesn't work, your pediatrician can give you prescription strength.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I just asked this and my son is 8 1/2 months with TONS of hair. It makes it impossible to comb through. The mommies said to try dandruff shampoo. A friend of mine suggested this stuff from the store, Disney cradle cap stuff. I am going to look for it tonight at Target
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My son had terrible cradle cap. He wa only 3 months when his pediatrician suggested Denorex. Just a little dab. Use the soft brush too. Use it every day for a few days and it should clear right up. If not you need something a little stronger.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My son had the same problem! I tried EVERYTHING that the above posters suggested....My neighbor gave me some shampoo that she used on her son and it worked after the 2nd time I used it! It is called   Gentle Naturals  Cradle Cap Care....it also says Disney baby on the front.
    I used just a little bit, used the soft brush and washed it out, after the 2nd time of using it the cradle cap was gone!

my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 3:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• dandruff shampoo is the way to go its okay my ped told me it was okay to use when my DD was only 2 mo. old so it should be fine to use but its always good to ask! there should be a nurse line at your docs office they should be able to tell you or just call your ped.
    torimommy21

Answer by torimommy21 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2009