Shampoo

Has anyone else noticed that shampoo makes your hair really dry and makes it more tangle than before? I comb my hair in the shower and if I try to comb it after only shampoo its like im yanking my hair out. I have to put conditioner in it to soften it up and make it manageable. Does this happen with anyone else's hair?

AdensMommy1107

Asked by AdensMommy1107 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• yes, i have noticed that if i use cheap shampoo. you should try different shampoos at your local beauty supply (grocery store shampoo is fine if you have super healthy/unprocessed hair) and see which you like best. i use pureology and i love it. i buy it in liter bottles for $45 each. it might be more expensive but it lasts super long and your hair stays healthy and manageable.
    ericadrian

Answer by ericadrian at 3:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Ok, I have a hard time finding shampoo/conditioner for my dry hair and I finally found my absolute fave recomendation! Try Aussie Moist Shampoo and Conditioner...it smells yummy and it's not too expensive! Finally something that works and doesn't cost a fortune, especially if you're on a budget!
    newirishmommy

Answer by newirishmommy at 3:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• "No more tangles" shampoo and conditioner by Johnson&Johnson. It's cheap and it works ( ;
    JenLouCecilia

Answer by JenLouCecilia at 5:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have been using Redken All soft shampoo and conditioner and it works really good!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Shampoo is not meant to condition or detangle - its meant to clean. There are shampoos out there that will add ingredients to help soften, moisturize, protect color from fading, etc., but the conditioner is going to give you the best softening and detangling. If your hair is thin, fine and dry, make sure you look for something that has a light conditioner. If you have medium/thick hair, go ahead and use that ultra-hydrating/moisturizing combo. All Soft by Redken is a very good shampoo to add moisture and make your hair feel softer. Beware of shampoos like Pantene and Aussie - they add wax, so it'll make your hair feel awesome at first and then just continue building up on the hair and just make it gunky. Splurge on the good stuff - it will last longer and your hair will thank you
    KeikoRose

Answer by KeikoRose at 12:38 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• i have found that pantene always smooth works the best for my hair..i always brush my hair before i hop in the shower, and then i shampoo and as im conditioning i always run my fingers thru my hair to make it smooth, and pantenes always smooth is the only one i can use that will allow my fingers to comb thru my hair
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Try the ADVANCE TECHNIQUES 2-in-1 Healthy Shine Shampoo & Conditioner It is a two in one and works really well plus is just $4. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use code fsany for free shipping :) GL!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• why don't you do treament yourself on your hair once a week.after you shampoo your hair use conditioner and comb it out in the shwer then rinse your hair with cold water.try using a leave in conditioner.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 7:53 PM on Apr. 5, 2009