I am wondering if there is anything that I can do to make myself go into labor? I have been having bad nlower back pains for days and Im 3 cm dilated? I was wondering if castor oil will do the trick or is it a waste of time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• dont waste your time with that nasty stuff it wont help just make you puke.... Go for long walks at a pretty good spped (dont over do it though) um try having sex as much as possible and if that doesnt work then its just not time.
    Kisses0113

Answer by Kisses0113 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• walk walk walk! my dr. stretched my cervix so that made me go into labor the next day!
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Have sex!
    Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 3:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Sex sex sex sex sex sex...in the last few days of my last pregnancy...we had sex four or five times a day. At one point I had been having contractions all day, we did the deed and I went into full blown later and my baby was born six hours later.

Have SEX!
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i am soooo annoyed with sex...lol...i cant even orgasm because he finishes before me
    so...sex is out...walking has done nothing for me...ive tried everything...im about to try Castor Oil like the last who posted this =P

but then again..you should just wait...i dont want to be too desperate =P so just wait it out..it sucks total ass having to wait..but i believe its going to be worth it

(or u can try Raspberry Leaf Tea, got my cervix dialated A LOT)
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 4:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Nathskitten, wow! 4-5 times a day!!!! my bf cant handle doing it twice a day! he complains his penis hurts!!

wth! if i could make him do it 4-5 times that'd be awesome! id prolly go into labor asap! haha
    MissKellee

• i ate egg plant parmesean and went into labor the next day, something about the spices, but castor oil will just give you diahrea i dont think you want that and then be in labor.
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 4:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I had a much sex as i could till it got uncomfortable, I also drank nothing but chamomille tea for 2 days then woke up at 3 in the AM in labor! good luck
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have heard about the rasberry leaf tea, and most midwives will give you a castor oil supplement if your labor is sluggish. Also try a long hike if possible, definitely sex (the progestin in sperm will naturally cause your cervix to relax) and nipple play (which releases oxytocin, a natural form of the synthetic pitocin that many hospitals will give you to force labor.) Good luck!
    Jennifina

Answer by Jennifina at 5:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Waste of time. I think it only stimulates your uterus because you crap so much, and use the relative muscles. Plus it's not very safe if i remember right. and it causes dehydration. I would say just wait, because once you have the baby you will have a whole new set of pains, and PLUS a lack of sleep. So is it really that bad now?
    You knew what you were getting into when you got pregnant, no? Stick it out 'till the end! It's best for baby. What's a few days of pain as long as your baby doesn't have problems from coming out too soon?
    Go to a chiropractor if you can, get a massage, get pampered! (massages don't have to be from a professional, btw)
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2009