sometimes i feel out of the loop and isolated!!

Sometimes when the kids are napping ill play around on my space and look at some of my friends pictures and see all the partying and fun they are having. I know its silly to feel jealous because everything i have with my kids and husband is just so perfect, but a big part of me wants to be noticed like that. I lost so many friends after i became a mom and wife that sometimes i feel really lonely. I love my kids but sometimes it isnt enough to just talk to a 2 and 1 year old ya know. Everyone seems so busy and in the loop and i feel like im dragging my feet and completly out of the know. How do i get out this funky way of thinking, how do i get out there and meet other moms, im super shy. i need some help!!!!

emleejane

Asked by emleejane at 3:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If you ever want to talk or just vent feel free to message me anytime:>)
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My days of partying wasn't all that it appeared to be. You are doing something awesome and wonderful raising two children. Believe me you are not missing out on anything, plus once those kids are in school you will have lots of time to yourself. The time with them now will go so fast you will wish you had the time back. So try to enjoy every moment and don't think you are missing out on anything, you are not. Seriously most of those old friends are most likely wishing they had your life. I am a single mom and I am sure much older then you, but I remember back to when I was young and wishing I had the life my married friends had. Sorry to say those friends you lost, if real friends they would still be in your life and stopping by to spend time with you.
    mydreamowen

Answer by mydreamowen at 3:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Well, start a book club. Advertise here on cafe mom I am sure that there are some moms in your area that feel the same way you do. Or make up flyers and leave them all over town, like the grocery store or public library. 

Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 3:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I just thought of something else that might help you. Is there something that you have always wanted to learn, like sewing, photography, martial arts or gourmet cooking? Whatever it could be, take a class not only will you be doing something for yourself, it will be an opportunity to meet people with similiar interests.
    I may have to take myown advice on this one.
    Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 3:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I understand completely! When I first started my family I noticed instantly that my friends started to change. I also went from a career woman to a SAHM, I felt like the rug had been pulled right out for under me. I felt very alone and it was hard for awhile. I was reading lots of parenting books and I always kept coming across suggestions for growing your support network. I decided to join a MOPS group (which was REALLY outside of my comfort zone, but I did it) and I found that I really liked it and needed it! I then started going to playgroups and meeting people. At first I felt weird, but then I got used to it and then I was comfortable to talk with others and was surprised that many moms were feeling the same way!!!!
    You are not alone in this at all, I hope that you start feeling better about things!
    Please contact me if you want to talk :)
    wendyb27

Answer by wendyb27 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i am always looking someone to talk to, so thank you all. i just started using this about 2 days ago so im not really familiar with how to use it all just yet so a little help with that could be helpful too!! thanks again everyone, its nice to be reassured that your not the only one.
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 4:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• too bad you dont live near me..i feel the same way and i live in a town where i dont know Anyone..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i try to make friends with moms and i am always the one calling them and not getting any responses, and then i feel like im just being a pest. i know its all silly and im just in a funk, but if i could just have a friend to hang out with more than just once every couple months, i think it could help my self esteem and my kids could play with someone other than mom.
    emleejane

Answer by emleejane at 4:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• omg..i feel the same way..(the being the pest thing)..always having to be the one calling everyone..
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2009