Holocaust and no religion

I am continuing this thought after posting a question about what if there has never been religion, human race would start without believing in any supernatural ideas, do you thi.nk, if we had absolutely no religion would things like Holocaust still happen. I think yes, but would like to hear out others on this subject. This is just theoretical question, please dont assume that I am trying to take away your religion as you know it now. I am just wondering "what if"?
Please post civil responses, this is just a simple discussion, exchange of ideas and such, not a bashing forum.

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 3:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i think yes too.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 3:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Absolutely, just because noone ever belived or was told about it, doesn't mean that it isn't there. So many people now adays are I need to see it to belive it kind of people and I think it is sad. Isn't that the meaning of faith? Beliveing in something without proof?

Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 3:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I hate fights on here, so I'm not starting one. Just asking for your clarification. Do you think Hitler thought he was a religious man? Do you think the Holocaust was only about Jews? I'm asking because this is where I'm guessing the "religious" part of your question lies. There were many many more people other than Jews that were killed in the Holocaust, so I'm just wondering what your question is. I do believe that it would have happened, because of the evil, selfish nature of people.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 3:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Ask the Roma, the homosexuals, the intellectuals, the Poles, and the resisters if it still would have happened without religion.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• If the excuse of religion wasn't there it would have been over ethnicity. Hate will always find a target.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 3:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• it would have been over ethnicity.

Technically, it was. Hitler didn't care if someone was a practicing Jew or not, it was all about their last name and their physical features.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yes, I think Hitler was very spiritual, in a very bad way, dont get me wrong, he was superstitious and paid a lot of attention to things like astrology, etc. And yes, I think the first and most important reason he invaded other countries was to exterminate the Jews first and then make room for a superior, Arian race that him and his regime wanted to create, and slowly occupy the rest of the world.
    This subject is very close to my heart, I was born in Poland and we were invaded by them, my Grandfather was in several concentration camps, and he was a political prisoners, since he was a member of Polish Communist Party and also participated in an underground, anti German movement. He survived the war, btw.
    You are absolutely right, the Jews were not the only target of the extermination.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 3:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• yeah and he didn't like anyone who defied him either, that's why Jehovah's Witnesses were in them too, they would not go to war for him or say Heil Hitler and they wouldn't renounce their beliefs for him either....

lisarose45

Answer by lisarose45 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• "yeah and he didn't like anyone who defied him either, that's why Jehovah's Witnesses were in them too, they would not go to war for him or say Heil Hitler and they wouldn't renounce their beliefs for him either...."

Exactly. He required absolute, unconditional cooperation from his people, or else......
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 3:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yes.
    I think those atrocities happened due to power and control hungry people.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 3:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2009