Bit of a personal question...

About how much was your wedding? If you don't mind answering, please, I'd really appreciate it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Money & Work

• Mine was very low budget, we had to keeo it under $1000. So we had a nice intimate ceremony of only 25 guest on the beach at sunset. We rented a reception hall and had a buffet style dinner with dancing and all the fun stuff.
    Familytyme

Answer by Familytyme at 3:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• We just went to the court house. i think it cost $50.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I know mine was less than $500, but it's been over 25 years ago! My dress was given to me by my aunt (she wore it in her own wedding and was just getting ready to give it to Goodwill). My mantilla was borrowed from our best man's wife. We had it in a city park, so I'm not sure if we paid a fee or just had to get there early to block off a certain parking space. We couldn't rent the pavillion so we just had it in the open on the other side of the lake. I think the chairs were borrowed also. We paid $25 for a room in the community center for our reception. We bought meat & cheese trays from the local IGA. I think we might have paid something for the cake that his Gramma's friend made, and we had relatives bake cookies. We didn't have music. I couldn't figure out how to incorporate it in the outdoors at that time. We had a photographer from the One Hour Photo shop, so he was a lot cheaper than a regular photographer.
    PSMother

Answer by PSMother at 3:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• We had a really nice wedding and all together we spent about 1500.00, that was clothes, food etc... We didn't have a dance, we kept it simple and got so many compliments.. Send me a message if you want any suggestions...
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 4:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• We are paying about 7,000 for our wedding in August. That includes food, alcohol, clothing, DJ, Ceremony, Reception site, invites, Decorations etc.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 7:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• wedding, reception and honeymoon about $8k
    Anonymous

• We didn't have a wedding, but my brother's was totally upscale first class all the way 50 grand.

My niece was very formal, black tie, she had a really rocking party, 37 grand

My other niece is getting married very soon, and she is expecting to pay around 20 grand for a small wedding, nothing special

My cousin got married with relatives doing all the work for about 3 grand it was very nice, the food was great

My best friend went to Vegas, spent around 4 grand, and it was the best wedding of all.

Anonymous

• $5000... 200 people, big deal the whole way, but we had a buget and we stuck to it... Now, 3 years later people are still taking about it. At the time I was in training to be a wedding planner so it was good practice for when I actually do open up shop!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• About $10k.
    That included huge photography package, video, reception for 100 people, dress and I think the wedding bands.
    Vegas - Sunset Gardens off the strip.
    A place the locals get married at.
    Only 2 people left before the reception was over at 11pm and our friends are still talking about it 7 years later.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Ours was 5000 We had about 30 people show. I did my own flowers. I bought my dress off of ebay. I hired a photographer and he was the most $1500 but so worth it! Food was about 50.00 a head. I made my own candle center pieces. Inviations cost about 200. We didn't do a limo. We bought 3 cases of red, white and blush wine to serve, and about 5 cases of beer. We had a lot of that left over.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 11:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009