treating BV in early pregnancy ?

I'm only 8 weeks and haven't been in for my 1st appt. yet. A few weeks ago I went in with cramps and discharge the urgent care Dr prescribed boric acid to take vaginally.... 2 pharmacist have told me its unsafe to use while pregnant.... has anyone heard of infections being treated with this? My doctor wont give me anything else or get me in for 2 more weeks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have bv (bacterial vaginosis) and they give me vaginal cream with like tubes to use. They have pill form too but I guess cream is ok. I thought boric acid was like for insects or something??? maybe google it. The cream I only use for a week once a day at night.
    Anonymous

• It sounds gross but this works, and is completely safe!
    insert plain yogurt! (let it sit out a little to warm up a bit first, haha)
    no joke!
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2009