Lens error on camera

I dropped my camera last night while it was on. The lens got crooked and I pulled it back it out. It worked again - but the pictures were extremely blurry. I turned it off. The whole lens would not retract back into the camera. I turned it back on and it was a white screen saying lens error. Soo I know that I cannot fix the camera - but can I bring it somewhere and have it fixed ? Or is it trash and I need to buy a new one ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• it wouldn't hurt to see if someone could fix it, especially if it's an expensive camera.
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 4:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I had a camera that was $120 and the same thing happened to me. I took it to a shop and they wanted $80 to fix it so I trashed it and bought a new one. If you have an expensive camera it may be worth it.
    Anonymous

• My little girl dropped the compact that I got for her. At first the lens wouldn't retract back in and the live view wasn't operating. I turned it off and on several times, took the battery out a few times and finally it went back to normal. It may not work for you, but you could try it.

From now on use the wrist strap. You can even buy a neck strap of sorts for a compact camera. They are there to keep you from dropping them.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 10:41 PM on Apr. 6, 2009