My mom. (PART ONE)

Hello!
I've heard about this site from multiple sources, though I can't recall any of them at the moment. (: I always thought that the idea of a mom forum sounded neat--and this is coming from a teenage girl in her junior year of high school. Though, I never thought of it as being a site for my mom.
My mom's not really much of a forum-type person. Sure, she'll find one when she has questions about how to get rid of snake mites or how to make decent banana bread when the bananas are still ripe; but I don't think she's ever been the kinda person who'd think to get on a site like this either. Only because she hasn't looked into to it like I am for her.

Cafemom, and the like, always look like they're targeting new moms. However, I'm her only child and, as I mentioned before, I'm in highschool. My mom's in her fifties, though she's still a young hippie on the inside...(I'm going to post 'PART TWO' to list her interests!)

momsKid

Asked by momsKid at 4:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• PART TWO (I'm just going to post it, so gimme a second.) (=
    momsKid

Answer by momsKid at 4:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I was curious if there are any mom's like mine on this site.
    My mom is...
    -Middle aged.
    -Married for over 20 years.
    -Spiritual--she's nondenominational, I think, and she isn't judgmental.
    -She has a mother with dementia who's currently living in an at-home ALF, and has been for half a year. She actually stopped working in the first place to care of her and she's been out of work for over five years. She used to work as an administrator in an ALF, before.
    -She loves animals, and the majority of our animals are rescues. She's brought in adult burmese pythons to my classes before to demonstrate how similar they are to our intestines. (You gotta love Anatomy. lol)
    -She loves rock and roll; old and new. (I was almost named after the song Layla)
    -She loves doing neat things with the house and she's always open for new hobbies.
    -She's very creative ^
    -She's currently trying to stop smoking. (I'm so proud)
    I'll post more in
    momsKid

Answer by momsKid at 4:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• ALSO, my mom's funny. She's definitely a "people person", like she's always there for people and she's very caring, even to people she barely knows. But, since she's been out of work caring for her mom, her only friends are the cashiers at like Walgreens. lol
    That's why I'm looking for a site for her to meet people just like her to talk to who are going, or have gone, through similar life challenges she's going through now.
    It's hard to get out and meet people; and though I care about her and am there for her all I can, I really have no idea what she's going through as a mother and as a woman. ]=
    So...
    Would anyone here like to meet my mom? [=
    momsKid

Answer by momsKid at 4:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• im not a mom your moms age, but i think you should also post this in 'just for fun'...you might get more answers...oh and people like to bash on here so dont be suprised if you get people talking crap becuase Youre on here and not a mom..GL and im sure there are tons of moms on here w the same interests as your mother
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Oh, and thanks. I just thought that the responses I'd get on here would be a little more mature than stuff I'd get in "just for fun"...

Thanks for the reply though. [x

momsKid

Answer by momsKid at 5:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• This is the cutest thing i have seen on here. I hope when my kids get older they will be as nice to me as you are to your mom. Good luck - P.S.- i am new and alot younger than your mom.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 5:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Your mom and I are in very different places in our lives, but I'd be more than willing to make friends with her. And I think this is a very sweet thing you're doing for her. She sounds alot like my mom. If she makes an account and messages me I'll totally point her in the direction of my mom. You can never have too many friends, right?
    catwalksymphony

Answer by catwalksymphony at 6:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Hi -I would be glad to friend your mom. We are in the same age group. Married for 29 years. Took care of my mom when she was sick. Christian. This sure was thoughtful of you to look out for your mom. tell her to message me.
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 7:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I think it is great of you to get on here for your mom, she sounds like a great person and you a great daughter. You should get her profile set up then show her what you have done for her. Once she starts poking around on the site she will be hooked and meet some new people.

goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• you're gonna get the same maturity level answers no matter where you go on here...i should rephrase that...all the mature ppl answer in all the same places as the immature ones.lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2009