I look really young!

Well I am 19, 20 in July and I look like I am 15 or 16. Every time I take a pic with my son it looks like I wouldn't be his mum. I feel really embarrassed as I think people are looking at me like I am 15 and I have a child and are disgraced.

I sometimes don't like showing pics on the net of me and my son as I think people are going to think something. Is looking much younger than what I am a bad thing?

My friends obviously say I look my age but a lot over people over the net said wow you have a baby, you're like 15? and I say no I am 19 but they don't seem to believe me, hell I can't even get served for cigs for my bf. I need ID wherever I go.

Would you see this as being a problem?

Blondielicious

Asked by Blondielicious at 4:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• For some reason looks mean a lot to many people. If something doesn't look right, then they stare or look disgusted. It isn't fair. My sister has the same issue, she looks very young and is 29. Many people walk up to her and tell her she is too young to have a 7 year old daughter and a 10 month old baby. She is 29!! HELLO?

In my opinion, walk proud. Smile. And who cares what others may think, they mean nothing to you do they? Maybe they are just jealous of the fact that they look twice their age?

fiercebubbles

Answer by fiercebubbles at 4:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• It may be annoying now, but give it a few years and you'll be glad you look young!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I just looked at your pics on your profile and I don't think you look 15.....I think you look 20
    Anonymous

• I get the same thing! I'll be 20 in June and I have a 5 month old son. People look at me funny, but I dont care. when I was pregnant my Boyfriend would send me to the store to buy chew for him, I would get carded, I still do. Its no big deal. It does get annoying, but when we get older we'll feel good that people think we're young. =) dont worry about it
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 4:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2009