• In the Spotlight:

baby pictures

does anybody know why they wont let you take pictures when your in labor or having ur baby..? they wouldnt let me have a camera in the room .. even after she was born.

Cyarasmom

Asked by Cyarasmom at 4:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know. They wouldn't let dh record my c-section, but as soon as she was out, he was allowed to record. That's weird.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Certain hospitals have different rules, I have never heard that one before though. That is kinda taking it to the extreme. I have heard not during labor, but after the baby is there they normally would let you take pictures. Maybe they have their own photographer and want you to buy from them instead of taking your own??
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 4:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have pics of all 3 births.. I guess it depends on the hospital.
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 4:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• They do it for the purpose of emergencies. They don't want extra equipment in the way not to mention law suites. I asked our hospital before I had my daughter and they gave me a 6 page layout of why you can not have it filmed or photo's of the actual birth. You can have them from the knee's up but not the knee's down unless you get waivers and all kinds of stuff. That is what we were told as well as my sister for her 3 kids. I have a natural birth and still wasn't allowed to tape it from the knee's down. My sister had 3 c-sections and they said once the baby is out and breathing they could tape as long as nothing was taped of the actual closing of her stomach. Its all to protect patient confidentiality and just incase you need an emergency c-section or anything they can do what they need to without the camera in their face. Just a thought, call your local hospital and ask them, they have list of what you can do.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• We got pictures after my son was born in the delivery room. not in labor though eww! I dont need pics of myself like that!! lol

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 4:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i dont care how far i have to drive next time lol im gettin to a hospital that will allow it next time.
    haha
    Cyarasmom

Answer by Cyarasmom at 4:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• its the hospital...i have pix of my birth w my 1st..and none w my 2nd...this hospital allows cameras but doesnt like it when the graphic pix are taken...but that doesnt mean we're not allowed to thougn.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 4:34 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• We could. Must be a hospital policy difference.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• It's for malpractice purposes. They don't want you to get an a doctor's mistake on video (if there is a mistake), then there's no defense.
    Anonymous

• OMG - thats not the way it is here. Docs here let you video anything you want. I have never heard of that.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 5:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2009