Obsessed Mother In Law

Does anyone else have an obsessed mother in law? How did you deal with the situation?

My mother in law wants to watch my daughter all the time... Every weekend!! When I tell her no, she goes on a rampage, and starts threatening to take my child from me, I have never done anything to deserve getting my child taken away!! The only reason she can give me is I don't keep my house "perfectly" clean!! I think that she is an insane B****. But my man will not stand up for me for some reason, he agrees with me that she is crazy, but is afraid to stand up to her... I am at my wits end with this woman's crap. I am thinking about leaving the love of my life just because I hate his mother. HELP ME!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• If my MIL ever threatened to try and take my child(ren) away from me, it would be the last time I spoke to her or let her see the kid(s).
    You and you DH have to get on the same page and he really needs to address this. When she attacks you, because you are an extension of him, she's attacking him as well. Why would he allow anyone to treat his WIFE that way.
    you guys have to set some boundaries with her and follow through with consequences. She's acting like a toddler and you should treat her as such ( throwing tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants).
    Join the group "My Mother in law is a Crapburger".
    The women there are honest and have the best advice.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/MIL
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 4:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Stand your ground and if she does not have a reason to take your child from you than she can't. Plus she would be taking her from your husband to....bet he would say something then
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• You stand up to her yourself and when you do, have a tape recorder in your purse to catch all the nonsense she spouts so if she does decide to try and screw you, you have proof that she's nuts.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 4:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• You need to set bounderies with her. Read the "mom factor" talks about bounderies. Good luck!
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 5:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My husband and I where having problems with his Mom like this. He can not stand up to her. It comes from years of emotional abuse from her. We solved the problem by moving out of state. She still gets to see my kids 1 or 2 times a year but we don't have all the stress we had before.

Anonymous

• Tell her that you need to start getting her on a monthly schedule so her life is easier for her (your daughter) to understand. Kids thrive on schedules anyway, so it's a nice, handy excuse in this situation. I don't know how old your daughter is, but it still works. I guess I am lucky with my middle son. He is ASD and he doesn't adjust well to new places. So, my MIL doesn't ask to watch him to much. But, then again, she also isn't a psycho b***h.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• ignore her. What she can do to take your child away? Your man doesn't have to say anything as long as he doesn't disagree with you.

She needs to grow up and stop acting like her own granddaughter. throwing fits.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 7:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2009