Is it a bad idea to move 500 miles away from my family to live with my boyfriend while pregnant?

I do need them but my boyfriend (not the babys father) lives 500 miles away and he wants me to move there with him. This is my first pregnancy and I need my mom and friends around me for support and I cant have all of them together. My boyfriends job is based in his town and he cant move away from it. What should I do?!

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 4:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• No. you shouldn't.

Mom and family will alway be there for you. This is not his child, he might says he will do this and that, but he won't give a Damx about it when he is tired of it.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 7:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I must tell you, my family was my biggest support possible. I could have never done it without them. I am faced with this question constantly...my baby's fathers family lives in OK and him and I live in MD. he is always asking me to move there, but I refuse because I could never be that far away from my family and friends. I've even gone as far as telling him to go by himself, because my family means more to me than he does!!! So it all depends on how you feel about your boyfriend... plus if the baby's father lives where you are now, you wouldn't wanna take the kid and move that far away...
    Anonymous

• But the father doesnt want anything to do with me or the baby
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• This is complicated. Is your new boyfriend a good provider? Is he going to be a good support system for you emotionally? Are you planning on getting child support from the baby's biological father? What about the father's rights? You need to answer these questions more than adequately before you make the decision.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 4:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Wait till after the babys born!!!! Then see how you feel.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 5:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have to agree with wait untill after the baby is born. Then think it out.
    Kerind22

Answer by Kerind22 at 7:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2009