What if he is just light skinned?

There is another question on here about people not wanting to date outside their race. There were some responders that said that they are attracted to this skin color that skin color. My question is to those people what if you where dating a guy that you were sure was white come to find out he is black ? Does your attraction now change? Same for if the guy turn out to be Latino? Asian?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• When can you NOT tell someone is black, or of black, or african american descent? There are certain attributes that African Americans have as apposed to someone of white descent... With that said, to each their own... I have never been attracted to someone of African American descent, mixed or otherwise...
    Anonymous

• What are the attributes? I have seen plenty of AA that if they did not tell you they were AA you would not know it.
    Anonymous

I agree, every race has their own specific traits and features, but I guess to properly answer your question maybe people should just say they are attracted to certain features that a white man or a black man have instead of saying skin color.

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• What traits are that?
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 5:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• What features are limited only to one race or another? There are white people with dark skin (hell they go to the salon just to get darker) larger noses, fuller lips. There are african american persons and latino persons with light skin, blue eyes, thinner features (nose, lips) blonde hair.
    Anonymous

• ...besides the skin color and hair.
    diamondmamma

• ...sometimes I wonder why people would want to get tanned.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 5:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Well, if I had ever dated a light skined person, no big. I don't really care about skin color. The attitude and mentality of a person are what attract me to them. But since I am happily married to a white guy, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    And to all those of you who say all ethnicities have there own attributes take a look at my pic and tell me you can tell what my family history is. And I will tell you my hair is originally brown.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Many many years ago this man was hired at my job. He was hot. Dark hair blue eyes body like a god. We became good friends. After a while he asked if I would meet his wife said he thought we would hit it off. I was surprised she was AA. Did not bother me since alot of my friends are. We are best friends now. I have attended many family functions met my guy friends family lovely people. I would never have guessed my guy friend was AA until wife told me. Know one in the family looks AA. So in my opinion no my feelings for whom ever would not change because his ethnicities turned out to be different than what I assumed. It is still the same person.
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Your answer is just what I am talking about, in a previously posted question on here there were many people who swore up and down that they would never date a black guy because they don't find them attractive and that what they do find to be attractive are tan skin, dark hair, tall (basically white guys). I am just trying to find out how one could be assured that the guy was white. if that makes sense. your post definitely proves a point. thanks.

Anonymous