Easily bruising

My daughter is 10 months old and when she was a few months I started to realize I was bruising like crazy. Even a poke on my thigh will leave a large bruise. My legs and butt are COVERED in bruises - almost completely from very minor things that never would have bruised me before. I went to the dr about it a few months ago and he said that it was just hormones from being pregnant. But it has still not gotten better at all. And last night my legs started tingling. They feel like they had fallen asleep and were waking up. It's happened about 5 times already today. Is this common after pregnancy or should I get a second dr opinion ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Health

• It has to be hormones.............I BRUISE SO MUCH THE WEEK BEFORE MY PERIOD.........strange isn't it....
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Could be hormones. I used to bruise easily, too easily, would end up with large bruises on my legs or arms from barely touching something. Had Hysterectomy with ovaries removed and no hormone replacement therapy, and no bad bruising anymore.

The doctor had originally told me to not take aspirin, since that could accelerate bruising, but since the operation I can take aspirin with no problem.

As an older person (retiring this month), I do need to think about taking aspirin for circulation, so that has been helpful to me.

tngrandma

Answer by tngrandma at 6:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Get another oppinion.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 6:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2009