Does anyone else think the 3d/4d whatever ultrasounds are kinda creepy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I love to hear the heart beat & 1 ultrasounds for safety reasons are fine. but beside that. I love the suprise at birth of what they look like, ect... Our bellies cover our babies for a reason :) maybe we shouldnt try to look, eh? lol...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i think their beautiful..whats so creepy about seeing your beautiful son/daughter?
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 5:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I don't do them. U/S have not been proven safe, so I do only 1 per pregnancy (20W), unless there's an emergency and I need to do another one (like this pregnancy with my severe bleeding).

I think the 3d/4d are very grotesque and not a keepsake I would ever want to do.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Celtic, whats not safe about an ultrasound? They have been used for like 20 or more years lol...their safe...you might as well say hearing your babies heart beat isnt safe...

if it wasnt safe there would be MANY MANY MANY MANY screwed up kids running around and there isnt..

its perfectly safe..if it was proven to not be safe i HIGHLY doubt the U.S. would allow doctors to do ultrasounds...
    Anonymous

• The studies on u/s that have been done say the ultrasonic waves heat up and speed up molecules, and the effect on an unborn baby is unknown, but they have not seen any adverse reactions as of yet, but haven't gone to in depth with it either. To each his own though, Like all interventions it is your personal decision.

To answer op, no I dont think they are creepy if you get it done at the right time and can actually make out the picture. I had a friend have one done last week though and some of the pictures looked more like muddled playdoh, she was not happy at all.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yea, that's funny anon. Over use of u/s have NOT been proven safe. The government allows a lot of things, that are definitely NOT safe, to be used lol. You have a trust in a gov't who doesn't really care. Look at BPA in products, melamine in formula, thermisol in vaccines, etc... plenty of things on the market are not *safe*. I hope you really don't think that because they are widely used, proves safety. Cytotec is still used as a labor inducer despite the deaths and uterine ruptures, etc, it has caused.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• (yes, it's a cafemom link, but there are referances in this journal)

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1437252/No_risk_to_Ultrasound_Think_again

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 5:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• lol yes....I think they are. I didn't get one b/c I think they all turn out weird looking
    Anonymous

• ive gotten 6 ultrasounds...they're safe...my baby is doing just fine...she hasnt died..im due soon...

do you really think DOCTORS would allow something thats UNSAFE...sure the GOVERNMENT would..but not doctors...i dont know what world your living in,but it sure is a dream world your in =P
    Anonymous

• if you think theyre unsafe just tell the doctor your feelings and stop crying like a little sissy about it...get over it...trillions of women have gotten ultrasounds....and everything is fine..infact america has a huge growing population...

so seriously, get over U/S safety/nonsafety...obviously they cant be THAT bad since they are not banned...DUHHH
    Anonymous