How can I get my DS to stop?

My 7month old has recently discovered he has a voice.. a loud one at that. I don't mind it at all until he lets out this shrill screech. It sends shudders down my spine and gives me an instant headache. I've tried telling him no. I've tried telling him quiet in a soft voice. I've even tried ignoring it. He does this whether he his happy or mad.. doesn't matter much. What's the best way to stop this? I'm running out of advil!

alinker

Asked by alinker at 5:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter loved to sing so I would start a song when she would start to shriek. There's no way to get him to stop, just try taking his mind off it. He's proud of himself for figuring how his voice works.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• He will stop when he is ready to. It will loose it's apeal once he realizes he can make other sounds as well. He is just discovering what he can do, let him go at it.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My son does that too. It doesn't bug me... but with other things I don't like him to do a very firm "No" has been working. I would try to redirect him also... show him something else to do other than scream.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2009