is this inapproprate?

If I create a poster to be put up on the bullutin board of our old church as an open invitation to all who want to attend my son's first birthday? My Mom said I should invite only a few people who have young children, but I think that everyone else might get their feelings hurt. After all they are the ones who have been there since he was born, until we stopped attending that church.

jamesmommy12

Asked by jamesmommy12 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Then you could ask one of the current members to post about the party or something. But you're not a member any longer, so (based on my experience with past churches) it's not right for *you* to put the poster up. Ask a member to do it for you....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Um...you stopped attending the church and you still want ALL those people there? That's a bit much to me, I would take Mom's advise on this one, invite only those who are closest to you. I feel it would be very rude to ask people to come via a poster at a church you no longer go to.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 5:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• it's whatever you wanna do.

it's your son's party. if you don't mind setting up for that many people then i do not see why not.

go for it, if it makes you feel better...just make sure most of them RSVP first.
    Anonymous

• Why would it be rude?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I'd go with individual invitations to only a few close friends and relatives. A poster at a church you no longer attend seems a little too impersonal; it's your baby's birthday, not a circus.
    Anonymous

• So how do I go about not hurting anyone's feelings then? Can anyone suggest something for that?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Why are their feelings going to be hurt? You no longer attend the church. Do you still stay in touch with everyone there?
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yeah, we do.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 6:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2009