I am given a hard time for being old fashion, why???

I like taking care of the house and doing things like that for my family, it makes me feel good, i dont feel trapped, i like it when my husband comes home to a semi clean house and on those days when i surpringly get all the housework done, which is not that often, and he can kick his feet up and relax. Or when he comes home from a hard days work and gets to a eat a dinner well deserved. I believe that a marriage is about balancing and team work, and I am SAHM so i think it is my job to do that work for him espcially when he is away from home, i think he should be able to enjoy his short ammount of time spent at home in a nice clean home. I believe its because i love my husband and kids so much that it gives me joy in all of it, it doesnt mean that it gets old sometimes. But whats up with all the people giving me a hard time??

emleejane

Asked by emleejane at 6:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• You go girl! There is nothing wrong with being old fashioned if you want to call it that. I love when my husband comes home to a clean house and home cooked meal to.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing wrong with that .If your a stay at home wife then your very blessed .Maybe and it can come off rude but im shore alot of woman are gelious of you because of this .Now if you also work then no all the duties should not be done by you only .
    hush84

Answer by hush84 at 6:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Nothing wrong with that! I love to do that too...my man works so hard in the coal mines for his family and I am home all day so It's MY job to make sure the kids are clean and fed and the house is clean. (Most of the time anyway...lol)
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 6:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• If it makes you happy, who cares what others think. If it makes you feel any better working moms catch flak for being away from their kids. But I like my job! We are better moms when we live how we are happiest. I would feel tethered and smothered as a SAHM, and probably wouldn't do as good a job. But as it is I am a pretty darn good mother. You, on the other hand, might be miserable not being a traditional SAHM, and your whole family would suffer. To the nay-sayers, I say screw 'em
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 6:20 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Happy mom's make happy kids. I believe that mom's are the glue in a family so anyone who has anything bad to say about working moms or stay at home moms can shove it up their a$$!!! Some women are lucky enough to stay at home while others don't have a choice. Others go crazy staying at home with kids while others need the adult time of work. To each their own. Being a good mom is about doing what is best for your kids and your family...do what you gotta do and what makes your family happy
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• If it makes you happy, do it. Why do you care what ANYONE thinks except the woman in your mirror?

Answer by gdiamante at 6:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Hey, as long as you are happy with what you are doing, then do it. I think the woman who give you flack think that your hubby is making you do it, and you are just protecting him. Some woman think what makes me happy has to work for everyone. I know better. As long as you like what you do, do it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Some people just have nothing better to do than give someone else a hard time, and who better to try and upset than someone who is happy. Seriously, if you're happy just ignore anyone who has something negative to say, they don't know what your life is like and they don't matter.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 6:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Good for you. Take care of your husband and family. Try to ignore the negative comments.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 6:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Who would bother you over living your life the way you want to? It's cool that you know what you want and enjoy doing it!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2009