I want to meet moms in my area and have mommy friends and people to talk to and walk with in my community but im shy, Help!!!

I want to make new friends for me and my kids but i have a hard time leaving my property, we have almost an acre for our front yard so there is always plenty for us to do. I just have a hard time getting out there, even checking the mail which is just at the end of our driveway. I dont know why, im not depressed, im just shy, and i am always feel like a pest or im going to call people at the wrong time. How do i get past this point in my life, and has anyone else felt like this or gone through this???? Help!!

emleejane

Asked by emleejane at 6:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

• YES I FEEL LIKE THIS EVERYDAY AND I DONT KNOW WHY BUT I THINK MY PROBLEM IS BECAUSE OF MY SON I JUST DONT KNOW HOW PEOPLE WOULD TAKE HIM SO I JUST DONT GO OUT TO TRY TO MAKE FRIENDS BUT I WISH I COULD ALLS I CAN SAY IS IN TIME YOUR GET THE COURAGE AND GO FOR IT
    Anonymous

• Staying home can get lonely, but sometimes you just have to make yourself do the things that you don't want to or feel comfortable with. But eventually it will get easier with each time you do it. I know it is hard, but give it a try. Maybe, going to a local church where you can meet mothers with children that are the same age as yours. Often times mothers will get together outside of church for play time and some adult time. If you would like to talk sometime, just message me I stay home too.

jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 6:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2009