HOW SHOULD I DEAL WITH MY AUTISTIC SON HITTING HIS 5 YEAR OLD SISTER AND EXPLAIN IT HURTS

MY SON NAME IS JOSHUA AND HE JUST DONT UNDERSTAND HOW HE MAKES PEOPLE FEEL

brianna77

Asked by brianna77 at 6:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Does he understand it when you are hurting?... many autistic children will understand when their moms are hurting - this may help him to understand if you can relate the two
    AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 6:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yeah, my son does that kind of thing to my daughter all the time to. He pulls her down, he hits her, all that fun stuff. We get down to his level, make sure he is looking at us, and we tell him that good boys don't do that. We are being consistent with telling him. Every time he does it, we are there. I actually had a lady tell me once to do to them what they do to their sibilings. The funny thing is, Alex (my son) would laugh about that so it won't work.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2009