Are you submissive to your husband?

Do you think it makes your relationship stronger? How did it start out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• only with sex...lol!!!! I am pretty outspoken and bullheaded so I think he would like me to be sometimes but I am not.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Oh crap.... that's a good one.... oh wow.... I just spit soda on my keyboard!

*Ahem*... okay... I'm alright now.... To answer your question: HELL no!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• yes
    -jo-

Answer by -jo- at 6:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I am learning how to be... For many years I didn't always treat him with kindness and love. ( or respect for that matter) We both pretty much wanted things our way and neither gave in... this led to a lot of strife between us and ultimately a separation at a really crucial point in our lives. (i was in treatment for cancer and we split up because of this issue) We almost didn't make it. I don't really look at it as being submissive.. it is more giving him the respect I want him to give me. I want him to let me have my way sometimes... its only fair that he gets to have his. We are working really hard to get past a lot of hurt, and are doing really well. It just takes putting yourself in the other persons shoes. For him his main need in our marriage is respect and honor, If I truly love him, I have to give him that. Its only fair. Works for us so far. Hope this helps!

Tzutchka

Answer by Tzutchka at 7:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Why would I be? We have an equal partnership. We communicate. I do things for him, like not wearing sweats and giving backrubs, be does things for me, like unloading the dishwasher and cooking when I don't feel like it. I'm happy, he's happy. If I got submissive on him he would freak out!
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 7:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Hell to the NO! I trust him, I have faith in him and I treat him with respect because he deserves it, but submitting to him? That's not our way.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Its funny how submission is taken so far out of context. When we hear submission we associate that with dominance. Without being super religious/spiritual the bible says to submit yourselves one to another. It says nothing of dominating. If your husband has needs his right to have those fulfilled are just as important as are yours. When the two of you focus on understanding and fulfilling each other's needs thats submission. If it is one-sided then you have a dominant party. When it comes to decision making, both parties can't lead. So who ever is the strongest or has a better grasp on the situation should lead. The other must trust in that leadership or it's pointless. Two people can't drive a car at the same time. One must be the passenger. Thats submission. You are trusting the other. But if they always want you to drive thats on them.
    Anonymous

• Laura1229, LOVED your answer and I agree with you, HELL NO!! We are partners in this relationship it is not a dictatorship!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 1:57 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Yes, I am submissive to him. Yes, we are partners in this relationship and it is not a dictatorship.
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 10:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2009