Do you think it's sad to see a woman who could look very good if only she did something with herself?

come on ladies...don't let yourself go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't judge them either way, I don't know what they're going through, maybe they just don't have time to primp, maybe they think they look fine the way they are, none of my business.
    Anonymous

• cryingtoo late

Anonymous

• I don't really care. I'm not trying to impress anybody.
    My husband is interested in more generic type of people. So hell. I'm not losing time getting primped and prissy to go unnoticed.
    Anonymous

• Um, no.

Who sets the standards as to whether or not someone has "let themselves go". Sometimes, letting yourself go isn't such a bad thing. I can't imagine being a slave to having to have my hair & nails done or wearing what's in fashion or never leaving the house w/o makeup.

I mean, sure, that stuff's fine for some people. They like it. But me? No thanks.

So, if you want to be feel sad for me.... by all means, knock yourself out!
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I agree....people need to take care of themselves. I seen some mom walking around in sweats and a t shirt, hair all flyin everywhere and her nipples saggin with them hard.....she looked 40 but I think she was only 25. Sad
    Anonymous

• I am TOTALLY guilty of "letting myself go", I guess. I never really did conform to the whole "girly girl" thing. I was a tomboy from the day I was conceived. There have only been three times I have gotten dressed up (hair, make-up, that kind of thing). Two were for my proms (junior and senior) and my wedding. I like the way I look and as long as I am conmfy in what I am wearing, I don't really care what anybody else thinks.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Too each is own. I have let myself go to a degree. I live in sweats and hoodies. I wear my hair in a messy bun. Occasionally, I will get all dressed up and put makeup on if we are going out somewhere or when I go to work. But most of the time I am just hanging around the house taking care of my 8 month old. When dealing with drool, and spit up, and baby food, it is almost easier to just be comfy. I am blessed though, my man loves me regardless. He loves it when I dress up, but he tells me I Am beautiful everyday. He even tells me that I am the most beautiful to him when I wake up in the morning hair in a mess, sometimes mascara smeared all over my face. I am lucky.
    Kerind22

Answer by Kerind22 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• No wonder women get all jealous when their men look at other women....its cuz they look better than them.
    Anonymous

• i only own 2 pairs of pants and 3 shirts. our life is really hard on us right now. so no, i dont dress up, but at the same time i do brush my hair and my teeth, and i do take showers regularly.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Kerind22. My Dh loves me for me not for what I wear and not for what is on my face.He also thinks I look most beautiful first thing in the morning eye puds and all.  I have to admit though when I go out I wear makeup all the time. I don't know it's something about living in the south. These women would not be caught dead if they were not dressed to the nines. When I lived up north or in Idaho I felt people were less conscious of how they looked. Just my opinion.

twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 7:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2009