Has anyone ever had an std during pegnancy and the baby was fine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Health

• A girl I worked with had something. I can't remember what it was tho, but her doc gave her antibiotics and it went away. He BF had cheated on her, and gave it to her.

Anonymous

• My mother had herpes and gave birth to me naturally. Nothing bad happened to me at all. I get cold sores alot more than any normal person but am not sure if there is any relation.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 8:34 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Most women who have herpes give birth to children and all is well, although there is a risk and it is a serious one. If I were you, I would research your options thoroughly, don't allow the doctors to make your decisions without knowing the facts for yourself. This isn't a rare situation, but it can complicate things and can lead to the death of your baby. Be very careful to weigh the risks to the baby. .
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 8:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I had HPV and my kids are all fine.
    Anonymous