MY 4 OLD SON CRIES ALL THE TIME. HE WYNES ABOUT EVERYTHING. HE CRIES MORE THAN MY 1 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER. WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE HIM STOP?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If he whines, don't give into him. Explain to him that mommy ears are programmed to only hear normal voices. When he whines or gets irrational, you can't understand him cause it sounds like blah blah blah. Every timehe starts in with it, correct him. If he continues, ignore or remove him from the situation, but don't give into the whining ever. My son whined for everything. My mom suggested this to me because it worked so well with my brother when we were kids. It worked with my son as well. He really thought my ears turned off or something when he started whining. Good luck.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 7:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Consistent discipline! Don't let your kid walk all over you. If he starts whining, put him in his room to be by himself until he stops.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I agree, he is too old to be whining and a boy at that. He needs to have negative feedback everytime he whines. Explain to him that whining is not acceptable, that he needs to ask for what he wants or needs and then accept what answer he gets with a good attitude or he'll be punished.
    lilhoney

Answer by lilhoney at 8:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009