i have a question about having the merina and being pregnant while having a period

i dont know if i am i took a pregnancy test and it came back negative , has anyone gotten pregnant on the IUC and still had a period ?? I have not been able to go to the doctors but as anyone had these symptoms and found out that they were pregnant

MamaSadie

Asked by MamaSadie at 6:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You didn't say what symptoms. However, I am on Mirena and sometimes feel like I am pregnant too. Right before that time of the month my belly even expands, sometimes a lot. Mirena makes your body think you are pregnant so it is something you just have to get used to if you stay on it. If you are really concerned go to a doctor. You can always go to planned parenthood or somewhere like it if you don't have insurance.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i have almost every symptom of being pregnant the fatigue, mood swing, hunger , vomiting breast enlargement
    MamaSadie

Answer by MamaSadie at 7:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I dont think the mirena is going to cause a false negative if that is what you are asking. All of those can be PMS symptoms too, maybe the mirena is just making your PMS worse and you are feeling like you are prego.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have the same symptoms a lot as well. Try not to worry about it, and just give it a week to see if they go away. GL!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Like Lilbit, my tummy expands before my cycle too. I had the other symptoms with my last cycle (breast tenderness and swelling, incredibly bad nausea, fatigue, etc) and I actually took a pregnancy test, and got a negative. BEFORE I was on the Mirena, with both of my pregnancies, I had my cycle regularly twice while pregnant each time - and they were both completely normal pregnancies.
    If you don't want to see a doc (or can't afford it, I know times are tough), wait until your period is over and test again.
    Caribear0630

Answer by Caribear0630 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• thank you guys for the advice ill will update you when i find out
    MamaSadie

Answer by MamaSadie at 7:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i have mirena and i am not pregnant but i have been feeling like i am. i am tired and i feel sick alot but i looked it up and these are also side affects of just having the mirena. i am beginning to think that everyone who has mirena thinks they are pregnant at some point b/c of these side affects. there are alot of posts like this online if you google it
    nudge08

Answer by nudge08 at 8:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2009