• In the Spotlight:

how long will it be?

Yesterday my DF took my 14 month old rott/yellow lab to the animal rescue leaue (which is a NO KILL shelter) because she had been growling at my other dogs and recently growled at my DD....im SOOOOO sad. She was my dog, my baby and my best freiend and i just wanna know how long it will be until i can look at a picture of her and or even talk about her with out sobbing. I know he did the right thing because had she done something to DD i woulda died but im still sad.

Kennadismom

Asked by Kennadismom at 7:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pets

• I'm sorry. I lost a dog a few weeks ago (a month tomorrow) And I know it is not the same circumstances, but I really do feel your pain not having you dog there anymore. At least you got to say goodbye, and you know they will find a home for him. Time will help make it easier, but for now, maybe you need a good cry, it helps healing if you let yourself cry. Sorry but thats all the help I have, and it is what has helped me alot. Try not to feel to guilty over it, yu did the right thing, and sometimes the right thing still hurts.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 7:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I am so sorry..... But thank god nothing happened to your DD. Then you would be real sad.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 8:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• If this dog was really being aggressive to your child (and not just other dogs, which can be NORMAL) then you need to call the shelter and have her humanely euthanized. What if she does something to someone ELSE'S child? If you have a dog that is human aggressive, euthanizing is the only responsible choice that you have.

aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• when my last dog passed on, about 3 years ago it took me a couple weeks to get over it....and still to this day whenever i think about her i start crying like a baby!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I am sorry about your loss. Was she growling at another dog or the baby? Sometimes when you have more than one dog in a house, they will growl at the other, especially if she has had puppies. There were three children bitten by a dog here in OK and two of them were my gk. My little GS had to have staples in his face. My GD just had little tears in her cheek. My son took her to the Vet and had her put down. The Vet said that he was doing the right thing especially since she was a pit bull. He said once a dog got the taste of blood, they would continue. I inherited my sisters dogs. How about a Pom. Just a little bitty hair ball. Weighs three or four pounds. They are the most loving dogs. And he is house trained. I'm sure we could find a way to get him to you. And you can have him free. Let me know. I'll send a pic. Vicki

POMMOM335

Answer by POMMOM335 at 2:22 AM on Apr. 10, 2009