Do you expect

A parent who has a child who had a very bad reaction from being vaccinated and the child almost died, to go ahead & vaccinate them again even though the child could potentially die?

I ask because a cafemom friend of mine on here wrote a journal about her autistic son & a woman said she feels that her son should be taken away from her & anyone who chooses not to vax.

lovelily79

Asked by lovelily79 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in General Parenting

•  I think the lady must have lost her mind. Why would the mother of the son risk his life again? Some people think their comments are so insightful...hmmm it's full of something

DazeDelights

Answer by DazeDelights at 7:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• That's what I said, I mean if a parent continued to vax & her son died & it ended up on the news, what would she say then?
    lovelily79

Answer by lovelily79 at 7:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• No, I think the mother who is so judgemental should go ahead and get her own child vaccinated if she feels so strongly about it, so her child is not at risk of catching one of the diseases from the unvaccinated children, and then after her own child is protected,she should mind her own business.
    Anonymous

• If your child got ran over the last time you let him play in the street, and getting run over could potentially kill him, would you allow him to play in the street again???

A little dramatic...? This is the same thing, to me. If there's reason to think this could seriously harm him (and obviously there IS), then why do it? And why on earth would someone else think badly of you? No, she shouldn't get it done. And furthermore, your friend is this child's mother, not the other lady. If she genuinely feels that she's doing right by him, then by all means.
    underestimated8

Answer by underestimated8 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• yes I just wanted to see other opinions of women on this site. She now says she can't believe tht a child could be allergic to all the shots, I responded, well kids aren't given one shot each visit so should she take him back & get them one by one to see which ones are going to kill him....lmao it's comical.
    lovelily79

Answer by lovelily79 at 8:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• RIGHT. the mom that is obsessed with getting the other child vaccinated should mind her own business. if her kid is vaxed then it wouldnt matter if that child was or not, right?
    some people dont think deep before they type =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• That's ridiculous to expect that. I vaxed my kids, and I don't completely understand why someone wouldn't vax their child, but it's not my business. If my child is vaxed, then he should be fine, so why should it be any of my business whether or not you get your child vaxed? Now, I could understand if the other mother said that she should investigate and find out what caused that reaction, to ensure it's not something present in other things that the child could be exposed to, but to demand that they get more shots is just ridiculous.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• You must be joking. A child who has had a severe reaction to vaccinations shouldn't have more! For crying out loud! And if a doctor allowed them to be given to that child, then he should lose his medical license.

I don't know what her son being autistic has to do with it, but no...if a child had that severe of a reaction he's done with vaccines.

That's insane.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i am a vaxing mother. i understand that there are reasons not to vax. (not faking some religious excuse) BUT i do feel like a child ALMOST DYING of having autism because of a vaccination is GOOD CAUSE to no longer vax.

IF YOUR CHILD WAS ALLERGIC TO FRUIT, AND YOU STOPPED FEEDING THEM FRUIT, SHOULD YOUR KID BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU BECAUSE THEY ARENT' EATING RIGHT? of course not.
    heatherann4

Answer by heatherann4 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• "...ALMOST DYING of having autism..."?? What?

An autistic child almost died from a VACCINATION not from having autism.

What?
    Anonymous