A little twist on a question asked previously...

We just got back from eating out. Now people would consider me to be obese but I try my best to look as well as I can. Tonight I saw many women with shirts and jeans on that did not fit well. I mean fat rolls very visible thru their shirts. Bellies hanging over their jeans. Don't they look in the mirror before they go out. Maybe I am to self concious of my own imperfections. Maybe these women love the way the look more then I like how I look. What's your take on this?

twilite2000

Asked by twilite2000 at 7:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• Those people are not self-aware enough to realize what they look like kitted out like that. When you try to dress well for your figure, you will look great no matter your size.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I'm a big girl. I mean, I'm not huge, but I'm definitely no super model. But I respect myself enough to cover up. I still dress cute, and try to look my best. but I never put on anything I have to squeeze into. I'm not sure what it is. Maybe they're just comfortable and dont care what others think. but I'm surely not comfortable with it. and I hate seeing it!
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 7:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I'm not supermodel thin either. I have extra weight that I would like to get rid of (dang c-sections) and I do not wear shirts, in public anyway, that show any part of my belly. I also have scars on my legs that i cover up when I go out. And there are some parts of my body that no one but my hubby and doc will ever seen.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Well, I'm bigger too. I'm probably about 60 lbs over weight pre pregnancy. And I will still squeeze into jeans that i know i cant wear, but its the only thing i have that isn't sweats. Maybe you should think about it like that. Not everyone has luxuries and can afford things. Its not like I planned to get big. It really did just kinda happen over night, or so it seems. I mean, I have a kid and one on the way. I leave myself looking not so great so my kid, and future child can have nice things. Maybe people shouldn't judge others on how they look by what they wear. Maybe they just dont have the money to be going out and spending on a new wardrobe. A dinner at a restaurant is going to be a hell of a lot cheaper than a wardrobe anyways. I know if i only buy one thing at a time it gets worn out and has to be thrown out anyways. Just something to think about ladies =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 8:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I am probably going to insult some more people but I think it looks trashy and unkept.
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I know what you mean...I am not a skinny lady either..I look in a full length mirror before I leave the house..I don't wear shirts that show my back fat or my roles of belly fat. Or pants so tight my belly flops over my pants. I take a lot of care in buying cloths that don't show it all..All these women. walking around looking like they put there teen daughters shirt on.

I thought I was the only one out there that felt like that.

Answer by louise2 at 8:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Again I knew I was going to insult some people so here we go. To Mommykatyi. I to do not have an extensive wardrobe. My kids come first. Dh got layed off. We live pay check to pay check. The only reason we went out to dinner was because we had a gift certificate. I own 2 pairs of jeans which are 6 years old and I have two blouses that I got last summer because my mom bought them for me for my birthday. I own one pair of shoes, one pair of sandels, but I have 3 pairs of sneakers (for my job). I also got all of these things from wal-mart. So since these are the only nice go out on the town cloths I own I take special care of them and know I look decent in them. Don't jude my question until you have all the facts. Everyone can look nice if they take the time and care a little bit.
    twilite2000

Answer by twilite2000 at 8:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• It's possible that they just don't care what anyone thinks of how they look.
    I've gained weight since my last pregnancy and I'm tired of buying new clothes that may or may not fit me in a couple of months and I'm tired of wearing baggy clothes hoping no one can see that I'm not as small as I used to be. But no one can see any flesh hanging out of my clothes, and I dressed that way when I was underweight because that's just as gross.
    But I did see a woman today that had on a I'm not even sure what it was, it looked like she took a pair of shorts and just cut the crotch off and made it a skirt... but my hubby and I saw her walking in a residential part of town... and we could actually see her butt cheeks as she was walking. That grosses me out just as much if not more... and that she appears to have no self respect.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:48 AM on Apr. 5, 2009