does anyone else think this is odd?

i was recently contacted by a guy from high school of whom i HATED cause he was so mean to me. he was the doctor's son and a preppy know it all and called me names wrote nasty stuff on my locker and threw quarters at me and my female friends(meaning he thought we were 2 bit whores). well almost 10 years later he added me to myspace, he sent the request. well now he wants to drive 6 hours to come here to take me out for lunch to catch up and apologize face to face. at first he wanted to meet me someplace 2 hrs from where im at but friends told me that i should have him come here just to be safe. im still debating on whether to meet up with him, i told him i rather talk for bit then go from there. i think he does owe me a face to face apology for all the torment.
how would you handle this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Relationships

• In my experience, the kids who were the meanest in high school are pretty nice to me now...I've run into one a few times, he's got two kids (who'da thunk?) and he seems to have matured quite a bit. If I were you though, him driving six hours just to take you to lunch seems really weird...If you decide to do it, meet in an extremely public place; maybe even take a friend with you.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 7:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Meet him in public,at a restaurant or something.. Listen to what he has to say. Then get up and leave.

Answer by louise2 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with it if you are meeting in a public place. Maybe he's 12-stepping it and he's on step 9.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• oh sorry left that part out, he also offered to buy me dinner...so it would be public place
    Anonymous

• If it were me I would prefer talking to him on the phone, hearing what he has to say, accept his apology and be on my merry way. Do you want to see him in person are you maybe hoping for something to come from this (friendship or whatever)? If you are wanting more than an "I'm sorry" and you want to hang out with this guy than yeah just make sure it's in a public place, but I would also be wary of going somewhere I wasn't familiar with. Don't do anything you don't feel comfortable with. Well, at least he didn't take you on the Maury show...LOL!!!
    summerleigh

Answer by summerleigh at 7:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• You are bigger and braver then me. I wouldn't have even considered accepting his request in the first place. I hold a grudge for a VERY long time and it takes a lot to get me to let it go. I would at least talk to him on the phone first. I guess I am just touchy with who I talk to.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I dont think it's that strange. Maybe he truly has seen the error of his ways. People grow up alot after high school ...and who knows, maybe he was so mean to you because he liked you. I once met someone i knew a while back and he confessed that he had always wanted to date me. i was honestly surprised and asked him if that was true then why was he such an ass, and he said that he didnt know how else to get my attention. lol guys are dorks.
    Anyways, i agree that if you do meet with him only do it in a place that is very public, like a restraunt (perferablly one that you know).
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• There's nothing wrong with it, I don't think. keep it public, have your cell phone handy, make sure a friend/family member has your itinerary.

I hate meeting people and  going out  so I would just send him a note explaining how I have completely forgiven him and there is no need for him to drive all the way out here to apologize.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I donno, thiis sounds almost plot of a crime show. But maybe I'm being parnoid. I'd bring a intimidating male friend (my S.O. is my first choice) and have him sit a ways away, unless you'd like him to be right there. That way I know he can't kidnapp me. And him buying you dinner, that's just what really wierds me out...I don't accept dinner or gifts or anything from guys, they'll feel like you owe them something in return.
    Crystala99504

Answer by Crystala99504 at 9:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• It sounds like he is being genuine. Being a jerk in high school is normal for guys like that.
    He could be just looking to get lucky. Maybe he's fat and bald now!
    Anonymous