• In the Spotlight:

moving?

i had a child with my ex whom i was married to 2 months ago. he hasnt been there for us since before i found out i was pregnant. my new bf...whom i dated for years before i met my babys father...is in the military and wants us to move to va with him. i live in pa now...my babys father isnt on the birth certificate. can he stop me from moving im willing to bring the baby up for visitation. he hasnt asked if i even gave birth yet so i dont think he cares but can i get in trouble for leaving? he doesnt even believe the babys his half the time and my new bf is taking care and buying everything we need.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• talk to a lawyer.
    mkemom519

Answer by mkemom519 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I dont think it would matter. If he isnt trying to make any effort to be in your childs life you should be able to do whatever you please. I would move to be with the one I loved in that situation.
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i want to go but i dont want him to try to say i kidnapped my baby or something. my family sees him around all the time and hes never asked any of them anything...in fact, they said he runs as if hes afraid theyll come up to him.
    Anonymous

• Talk to a lawyer.
    Anonymous

• If he isn't on the birth certifcate and it isn't in your guy's divorce paper's that says he has to be notified about you moving then there is nothing he can do.....
    treebug

Answer by treebug at 8:26 PM on Apr. 4, 2009