What do you think?

I have been making fabric lunch bags that are fashionable and much better for the environment compared to throw away bags. I have listed my bags on etsy and am wondering if they are something of interest. Opinions and comments are more than welcome.

I also make stuffed wool/cotton chimps. I have sold many to local people and think they may do well on etsy as well. Thoughts?

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7026103

My Etsy shop name is Eco Brownsies.

fiercebubbles

Asked by fiercebubbles at 8:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• They are both cute but the monkey is to pricey for me!
    my_three_sons

Answer by my_three_sons at 10:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• $15 is too much for one bag.  Maybe if they were $5 or 2 for $15 you might be able to sell some.  People are always looking for a deal.  Aren't brown bags recyclable anyways? People use paper bags because they are cheaper, that's usually the same reason they are bringing a lunch instead of buying school lunch. You can get a huge package of lunch bags at the dollar store. Recycled paper is also a lot more Eco friendly than the reusablebags. Think of all the electricity and water washing will take, pollution that goes into the air when it's being delivered to whoever bought one.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 6:59 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Regarding MomOfJandM: These bags are not for dollar store lovers, they are for people who would like to use something different, unique, handmade and eco-friendly. The amount of time put into each bag is worth more than $15 plus the cost of the 100% organic fabrics and threads used. You will not find such quality for $5 anywhere.

Brown bags are recyclable, yes, however.... first you have to buy them and then you get rid of them. What a waste of money. With reusable bags, you REUSE them over and OVER again. Are you aware of the recycling process at all?

Recovered paper contains some fibers which have become too
    small to be recycled into paper. Your recovered paper may contain
    fibers which already have been recycled one, twice, or perhaps
    several times! Wood fibers can only be recycled five to seven times
    before they become too short and brittle to be made into new paper.

Launder when needed with a load
    fiercebubbles

Answer by fiercebubbles at 7:12 PM on Apr. 7, 2009

• Not realy cute with all those patterns, maybe solid colors?
    Anonymous

• lol. Thank you for your Anonymous comment on how 'not really cute' the patterns are.
    fiercebubbles

Answer by fiercebubbles at 6:16 PM on Apr. 9, 2009