soda bad for a baby just alittle taste my baby always wants a taste of everything i eat?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• huh?
    AidensMommy608

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• lol. its ok to give her a taste
    Kbmancine

Answer by Kbmancine at 8:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I let my daughter taste it a few times. I never gave her her own glass or anything. It was like a treat for her. And she sure as hell didn't get it every day. I think it just took the mystique away from it for her. Now that she's older I allow one a week with a special meal or something fun.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• while it is ok to taste, the taste will soon be all she wants, sodas are bad, the calories, the added sugar and caffine not to mention what it does to your teeth. Just be cafeful mom
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• It depends on how old your baby is, but no, babies shouldn't drink soda.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• If they don't know what it tastes like, they won't want it forever. My daughter was so curious about my coffee for so long, but she's never been allowed near it (of course, because it's hot and not good for any of us LOL)... well now at 22 months that she can say she doesn't like things, she says "I don't like coffee"... which makes me laugh because people hearing that would probably think she would have a reason to know that. But just because you have something/can do something does not mean your child can. You're the parent. There's nothing wrong with saying that soda is a grown-up drink. You wouldn't give her a taste of your vodka tonic, would you?
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• My three y/o hasn't had soda yet, because I'm scared that once he tries it that's all he will want!
    kathy5980

Answer by kathy5980 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 5, 2009