You know when you get dizzy after standing up too fast?

Well, I've been experiencing that so often the past couple of days. I'll just be standing and get it. I'm not locking my knees. I'm eating good and drinking plenty of water.

Is this normal?

I've been getting it around three or four times a day. and it will last up to about thirty seconds. I have to sit down or lean against something. It is weird.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 8:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Health

• You need a good evaluation performed, and don't let your dr. tell you it is stress, if it remains, get a second opinion. This could be from anything from caffeine, to heart disorders, to neurological disorders, or even dehydration. Call the dr. Monday am.
    Anonymous

• No it is not normal, get your blood pressure checked and tell the Dr. what is happening, it could be orthostatic hypotension or blood sugar issues, either way you need to be checked
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have it happen a LOT! esp when I get out of bed in the morning. I have somewhat low blood pressure and my blood sugar level is low- but it's all still 'within normal ranges'. But all on the low side, so I know I have to pay attention to my diet and stuff.

It has been getting a bit worse and I have been thinking about seeing my doctor again. I've been needing more protein these days.

have your doctor check it.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Sometimes when im REALLY tired and not sleeping well at night i get like this too. But like the other moms said you should probably get checked out by the doctor
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I don't have a family doctor. Can I just go to the clinic?
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• You may also have benign positional vertigo. I have this,and I get it every time I turn my head, lay down, or get up. It is caused by a virus, or uneven pressure in the inner ear.
    When this was happening to me, I got myself to a doc asap. Please go to the clinic, or doc asap.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I go through this too. It could be your blood sugar, blood pressure or iron levels
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• I did it one time after climbing my moms stairs but I blacked out and fell in her bathroom knocking over things talk to your dr and ask what it could be
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 5:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2009