my baby rolled off the couch!

im not even sure if she hit her head on the coffee table on the way down! i had her in between my two legs and i reached for something and she flipped right over my leg and onto the floor. shes six months old, i wanted to take her to the Er but i called my mother and she said it wasnt necessary, she screamed for a few minutes, but seemed fine afterward. this was yesterday morning and im still worried that she might have internal bleeding or something, but now if i take her theyll say why didnt you take her before. am i being crazy, like i said she seems fine, is it possible she has internal or head injury without me knowing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• shes fine, it happens
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 8:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• She'll be fine. If she acts abnormal then call her doc
    Anonymous

• Dont worry about it... im just like you and i can tell you all the worrying isnt necessary. As long as she is not acting differently or anything shes probably fine. Just probably scared her at first!
    masonsmommy921

Answer by masonsmommy921 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Keep an eye on her. Make sure her pupils are equal and react equally to light. If not, take her in.

Feel her head. Are there any dents? Do you feel anything that feels like cottage cheese? Take her in NOW.

If there is a bump or nothing, continue watching her.

Does she act like herself? Has her demeanor changed? If so, take her in.

Is she vomiting or have diarrhea? If so, take her in.

Make sure she will stir (you don't have to wake her) every couple of hours tonight and keep an eye on her for the next couple days.

If you're concerned, call the doctor.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i checked her from head to toe she doesnt have a bump or bruise anywhere and i woke her up three times last night, like i said this was yesterday morning. i cant tell if she acting differently because as wierd as this sounds one day shes in a good mood and the next day shes crabby and fussy, she hasnt vomited also...
    Anonymous

• She's good. Keep an eye on her for another 24 hours, but I'd think she's fine.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• she should be fine... my daughter was learning how to walk, and hit her head pretty hard on the coffee table and she had this huge nasty purple bruise on her head, and it freaked me out cause it came up in like less than 5 mins, and i took her to the ER, and she was perfectly fine...
    if there are any bruising, or dents, i say shes perfectly fine.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 9:12 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Dont worry, I could tell you some funny storys of my3kids crashes. Shes fine.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 11:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2009