Did anyone else hear about that man who killed thirteen people because he thought Obama was going to take away guns?

I'm not sure if I have the details right, I'm kinda asking for some....I can't find a post on it. I mean, wow....

Steff107

Asked by Steff107 at 8:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• there's always some fanatically weird nutjob out there.
    how sick.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 8:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• No that was the guy who killed three cops today.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090404/ap_on_re_us/pittsburgh_shooting
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Thanx soniam I'm gonna go look at it right now...
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• There were also thirteen people killed in New York, that was the guy who thought people were making fun of him because he was foreign, the three cops were shot by a guy who thought Obama was going to take away guns....okay now I have it straight.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:04 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Yes, what a great way to KEEP your guns, kill cops! People are so CRAZY ....so glad they are ARMED!
    Anonymous

• The man in Binghamton went on his rampage because he lost his job (I'm from Bingo and personally know people who worked with him and also lost their jobs). Also he was often mocked for not speaking English very well even though his father was a volunteer Vietnamese translator who spent many hours at the Civic Center. In the 18 years I am not at all surprised by what happened there. People in Binghamton are rude pricks who don't think twice about picking on people. Broome county is littered with Chinese and Vietnamese restaurants and you wouldn't believe what the customers will say to the staff. I feel horrible for the families of the people lost. And to think, most of them were there taking practice citizenship exams.
    Lilbeamercomin

Answer by Lilbeamercomin at 11:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• *meant to say after 18 years of living there
    Lilbeamercomin

• "Police Chief Nate Harper said the motive for the shooting isn't clear, but friends said the gunman recently had been upset about losing his job and feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns."

Good Lord. What logic. "I'm afraid I'm going to lose my right to have guns so I'm going to use the guns to kill people and therefore prove that there's da,ned good reason for me to not be allowed to have guns."

Answer by gdiamante at 12:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2009