• In the Spotlight:

how do i deal with genital warts

chanie313

Asked by chanie313 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Health

• You go to the doctor
    Anonymous

• i never had but my friend got it and went to doc and they burned them off if i remember right, a doc will also perscribe u meds but i think u will have them forever u may not think u have them when they disappear but there still there and u can transmit them. just dont have sex or oral sex during flare ups. and condoms. call your doc..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• There are variations of genital warts that cause cervical cancer, go to the doctor asap. Get them removed and typed, you may have to follow up with pap smears every 3 months until you are clear, and if you do have the one of the variants that causes cervical cancer you will have continual care for this for the rest of your life. This is serious.
    There is no flare ups of genital warts, you get them, you transmit them, and you get them removed and treated for good. They do not come back unless you have continual unprotected sex with an infected partner. Genital warts are disfiguring and they cause a very bad odor in the affected areas. Your partner(s) need to be treated and so do you.
    Anonymous

• That sums it up. Must be OBGYN. LOL. But it was a great answer.
    bristle3kids

Answer by bristle3kids at 11:02 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• There is a chance that they will go away by themselves. Mine did and they have never come back. I didn't have a partner at the time so waiting it out a little seemed better than removing them.

I do have the HPV virus and have had CIN3 pre-cancerous cells of the cervix that were removed with a laser. You should have an annual pap smear and ask for another one if you ever notice anything out of character for you. Mine showed up 3 months after a clear pap, I suspect because as I was under a lot of stress at the time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2009

• first see your doctor. i also heard stories that warts fall off by themselves. but i think that's not all the time. my friend used to have genital warts and her doctor has to give her oxyfend cream to get rid of it. i remember her telling me that she didn't have to wait that long for her warts to say bye bye. i think she was cleared up in two weeks.
    chacey14

Answer by chacey14 at 1:14 AM on Jul. 5, 2011