any sugar-free recipes for toddlers?

i am looking for any recipes for baked goods that do not use sugar. i would ideally like to find something that uses fruit juice/concentrate as a sweetener, and has some fruits and/or veggies in it for nutrition. can anyone help?

susanjpt

Asked by susanjpt at 9:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Food & Drink

• ginger snaps cookies I believe contain a very small amount of sugar. Recipes that use brown sugar are better since brown sugar us lower in carbs, BUT you can take almost ANY recipe and substitue the sugar in teh recipe with honey, molasses, juice or juice concentrate. Just be sure to pick something that compliments. It takes some fiddling with but I do it often for my husband sinc3e he is a diabetic and plain old white sugar is pretty bad for him. you can also try splenda if you want to go that route. It doesnt work quite as well as the other sweeteners and it does leave that sugar alcohol aftertaste but it is calorie and carb free
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Jeez, ok, I've had this recipe printed out on my desktop forever and I don't know where to attribute it. It's for little snacky bits, like what you'd buy from Gerber if they weren't loaded with fat and empty calories and nasty sugar and HCF. I haven't made these yet, btw. If you make them, message me and let me know how they are.

1 cup flour
    1 cup infant cereal
    1 cup juice

Mix together and roll out. You cna use cookie cutters to make shapes, or simply cut into bite-sized squares.

Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes. Freezes well.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2009