copywrite photos?

wally world wouldn't let me buy some pictures that I altered with my paint.net computer program without having written consent from the person who made and copy wrote them because they are "professional photos". how in the world do I get all of that done?

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 9:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Ooops, I was typing when you answered......Ask them if they have a consent form and sign it yourself. Or if it is digital and on your memory card, upload it to Walgreens.com and have it sent over to the store closest to you for pick-up or they have the option to have it mailed to you.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• btw, they are pictures of my son I took with my digital camera.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• then you tel them just that, you took the pctures youself, and why must you get them from wally world? why not the local drugstore
    Anonymous

• You call the photographer and ask if you can get the written consent from them so that you can make a "photo gift" for someone at Wal-Mart. As long as you are getting something that the photographer can't provide for you, they usually won't have an issue with it. However, you didn't state how old the photo is......if it is more than 50 years old, they can't make you get written consent. But say it is old, but the photographer is dead or the studio is closed.....you are out of luck on the consent. The only other thing that I can suggest is that you keep trying to make the copy, at some point you are going to luck out and get an employee that doesn't check your photo. On the other hand, you are going to get really tired of hearing over and over that you can't copy it without the consent form.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I happen to live around the corner, literally, from wally world so I use it most often since it is the closest store within walking distance... I even argued with the photo person for 10 minutes before she handed me a pamphlet that answered none of my questions.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• walgreens eh? I'll give them a try then!
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 9:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I have had really good luck with Shutterfly. They have sent me photos that were supposed to have a copyright, no questions asked.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• walgreens is no better it is owned by the walh family
    lalasha

Answer by lalasha at 10:25 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• Just take your memory card in and show them they came from your camera.
    noelsphotos

Answer by noelsphotos at 11:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2009

• If you took the pictures, can't you just fill out the form & sign it? And I thought copywrited photos had some sort of logo on the bottom--like the studio name or something? Or is any photo taken by another person considered copywrited by that person? Or just invest in a quality photo printer & avoid all of this nonsense!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2009