hydrocortisone cream for babies?? Help!

My doctor told me that if my baby's skin rash got any worse, to put hydrocortisone cream on it. I wasn't planning on doing it because I have a natural cream that was working BEAUTIFULLY. Well, we work up this morning and he had been rubbing at his cheeks all night. The natural cream hasn't even a bit of difference!

Is there a special kind of hydrocortisone for babies? What if he rubs his cheeks and then puts his hands in his mouth with the cream on them? Or worse, in his eyes?

NovemberLove

Asked by NovemberLove at 9:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Get a recommendation for a cream from your doctor. Put it on in a VERY thin layer when he's going to sleep. He's less likely to rub then put his hand in his mouth while sleeping.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• my doc said to use the one with the least amount (I think it's the 1%). we used it for a rash on her checks. he said as long as you rub it in, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Anonymous

• so does your baby have excema? this is an allergic reaction to something. A blood test would be a good idea. Most commonly the triger for excema is dairy. But for my middle son it's wheat. If you don't want to do a blood test you could try a food rotation diet or food elimination diet to rule things out. Google how to do it. If your child is breastfeed you do the diet on yourself as well. If formula feed look into a different kind of formula
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2009