What do you think of this?

By STUART VARNEY
I must be naive. I really thought the administration would welcome the return of bank bailout money. Some $340 million in TARP cash flowed back this week from four small banks in Louisiana, New York, Indiana and California. This isn't much when we routinely talk in trillions, but clearly that money has not been wasted or otherwise sunk down Wall Street's black hole. So why no cheering as the cash comes back?
My answer: The government wants to control the banks, just as it now controls GM and Chrysler, and will surely control the health industry in the not-too-distant future. Keeping them TARP-stuffed is the key to control. And for this intensely political president, mere influence is not enough. The White House wants to tell 'em what to do. Control. Direct. Command.
It is not for nothing that rage has been turned on those wicked financiers. The banks are at the core of the administration's thrust: By managing

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 9:29 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• the money, government can steer the whole economy even more firmly down the left fork in the road.

If the banks are forced to keep TARP cash -- which was often forced on them in the first place -- the Obama team can work its will on the financial system to unprecedented degree. That's what's happening right now.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Ummm.... the TARP monies initially went out under King Bush's reign of terror. And there wasn't a lot of forcing, it was pretty much a blank check to anyone who asked. Did you even see the form these banks had to fill out? 2 pages of name, address, and how much. That's about it.
    Anonymous

• Uuuu........anyone else?.......................
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 9:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• The first half of the initial money did go out under Bush. However, he didn't insist on control of those banks.

Th second half and the next round went out under Obama. It is the big O demanding control of said banks, employees and salaries.

He has even fired the head of GM.

Additionally, the first round of TARP came about because the Democratically controlled congress was screaming the sky was falling and the administration was feeling pressure to do "something". I am not saying it was the right thing, but the big O has thrown away more money in less than 3 months than Bush did in 8 years.

The government must first gain control of the economy to implement communism. Oh, in case no one told you, they are skipping socialism altogether.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

mustbePATHETIC, you just want people to agree with you and NOT give other opinions. How typical of you!
    Anonymous

• Is that you, Anonymous?
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:09 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I found your answer to be somewhat inadequate, I must admit..........
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Agree and not give other opinions? Anyone can reply and hit "answer question"
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• of course mustbeGrace because I don't follow along with your "the sky is falling" or "Obama is the (insert propoganda fueled statement here)" or "they are all terrorists" lines. I pretty much just ignore whatever nonsense you are spewing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 AM on Apr. 5, 2009