Easter

My family never did "easter baskets" and im unsure what everyone else does. All we did as a kid was a traditional easter egg hunt. What do you do? DO you do easter egg hunts and baskets??? Are the baskets hidden or do you just give them to the kids filled with stuff?? thanks for sharing =)

kristalsfirst

Asked by kristalsfirst at 9:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I hide eggs in the house & baskets with candy with a few toys.
    Jennifer_24

Answer by Jennifer_24 at 9:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• This will be the first year the kids will be able to enjoy Easter activities. I am doing what my mom did. We will dye eggs Saturday night. That evening I will set out their baskets on the couch. I will get up early Sunday to hide the eggs around the house (gotta make sure the dog doesn't try and eat them). The get to see their goodies while they empty their baskets to find the eggs. Then we crack the eggs eat them and enjoy the goodies!
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• We just do a hunt. Hide them in the yard and stuff.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I could never get with "The Easter Bunny." I thought it was because I had boys, and they don't always have "cutesy" baskets. But I think we do so much for the weekend, it just felt like the EB wasn't necessary. So, I don't do baskets at all. We do a weekend of activities: Friday = fish fry (that's more for the adults, but the kids hang out); Saturday = dying eggs with our cousins (but, we give out goody bags); and, Sunday = outdoor Easter egg hunt.
    jonosmama

Answer by jonosmama at 10:03 PM on Apr. 4, 2009