Help i need to lose some weight and need some tips Does anyone have any good diets ? No pills please and yes I know I haave to workout Im just looking for some diets to get started . Thanks

Asked by supermom0094 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Weight watchers

It's a free nutrition/fitness plan site.

Do a search here, there's a SparkPeople group on Cafemom, as well as a CafeMom group on

Answer by Mommi229 at 2:39 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Do the Atkins diet. Get the book, or go to a Group here, its called "Low Carb Diet". I lost 40 lbs in 6 months. No breads though, no rice, pastas, nothing with carbs. Lots of meat, fruits and veggies, and lots of water. I dropped it quickly and have kept it off for a year. You can message me for more help!

Answer by WifeyandMom71 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i shed pounds by just making sure i ate every 2 to 3 hours - eat a cup of vegies or fruit, 2 ounces of meat (this fat will help you from feeling hungry too soon), 1 cup of rice or noodles or 2 slices whole wheat bread with jelly or butter (this will give you carbs for energy and also help you stay full longer).
    even if you feel full at the 2 to 3 hour mark be sure to eat this will keep your metabolism burning the food you intake and working off the fat in your body (if you dont eat at the 2 to 3 hour mark your body will start storing the food it gets cause it feels its recieveing a shortage and you will not loose anyhting)

Answer by vakatia at 2:56 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I'd say to avoid all diets that involve cutting any nutrients out (like Atkins). I'm a firm believer, you should listen to your body's cravings and satisfy. Eat everything in moderation. Stay active. It doesn't have to be the gym. You can do fun things, biking, tennis, active play with kids etc.
    Every time I need to lose a few pounds, I eat everything my heart desires, but I cut my portions in half. Good Luck!

• Hi - I do the South Beach diet - I modify it of course lol - but I also just purchased Jillian Michaels from Biggest Losers new DVD - 20 in 30 day shred - its 20 min. of vigorous exercise on 3 levels - it will kick your butt but you can do almost anything for 20 min. its' actually fun

Answer by songstressdiva1 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• weight watchers..there's a weight watchers group on here for moms who can't afford to go to the helps trust me

Answer by mommysterling2 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• weight watchers has worked great for me before.

Answer by heather_bee at 4:16 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• mainly if you cut out your sweet drinks and drink mainly water and when you need something different drink diet, plus the diet you already came up with should help out a lot... good luck

Answer by AlexisMommie at 11:58 AM on Jun. 19, 2008