the BLOOD wont stop! help!

i give birth to twin boys on 3/6/09 i bleed for about a week. then stoped a few days ofter i stop and that lasted 2 weeks i guess. and last fridayt i started my peried(well it look like it was) well now its been close to 9 days and the blood is really bad. i bleed 100% throw the biggest pans they make in like sometimes less than an hour.
my cramps r like worse then pushing out my twins. every now again i check my temp. and im runing a small fever(98.9) off and on and once a few days ago it was 100.1 its really hard to do anything at times. i didnt even bleed this bad ofter the 1st few hours of giving birth to my twin boys on 3/6/09. what should i do? dids this happen to everyone? oh idk if this matters or not but i have to take iron secens i was 12. i have low iron

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You need to got to the hospital! It sounds like there may be a piece of placenta or something left in there that didn't come out during delivery. It can cause your bleeding and can become life threatening. Get of the computer and go find out! I don't even know you and I would feel better if you did! Even if it isn't that at least you'll know.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I had that exact thing, I had a piece of "sack" left up inside of me that kept the blood going. I bleed for about 5 weeks or so before getting it checked out. (I know, stupid)

But when I did, she just used a spectulum to open me (I think thats what its called) and then pulled it out, took about 1 minute.

I quit bleeding immediately. Call your Dr. having that can cause infection in your uterus.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• sorry not of off!lol
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i cant get to the dr right now and i have no one to call. and i told my mom and my bf's mom who r help me with the twins and they said evey thing be fine. but i dont feel fine. and my dad whos here to told me if still feel this way on tusday he will take me to the er him self. *sighs* i feels so week and its harder on top of it cuz my newborn twins r having lot of gas right now and there in pain from it idk what to do
    angeltwinpain

Answer by angeltwinpain at 9:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Go to the hospital!! This is your life! If you wait your twins may not have a mommy! Tuesday is way to long. Insist!! If someone doesn't take you tell them you will be calling an ambulance! They will help you with your babies at the hospital. I had a blood clot and they helped me with my newborn until my husband got there the next day. You need to get help! Call a cab do something. I know it's inconvenient but so is bleeding to death!
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• If you are really weak then see if a neighbor could drive you to the er and assist you with the babies.

You gotta find someone if you are that worried right now.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Call the doctor ASAP. They should have an on call who can advise you on whether you need to call for an ambulance or cab and get to the hosp or whether it's OK to wait a day or two. There may be OTC you can take until you can get to the hospital. I just feel this is a situation where cafemom should not be your reference. Get in touch with your doctor. Some insurance companies have nurses you can call or online help, too.
    Anonymous

• This at LEAST warrants a call to the on call doctor. Anytime you are saturating one or more pads in an hours you should call your doc or go to the er
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• The nurse or doc on the phone is just going to cover their asses and tell you to come in because they don't know without looking. Not to mention don't your discharge instructions tell you if you are soaking one or more pads in an hour to go to the hospital?
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• you NEED to get to a doctor.
    http://www.webmd.com/baby/tc/problems-after-delivery-of-your-baby-check-your-symptoms
    go here and enter your symptoms
    that will help you better to determine EXACTLY what to do
    i would make a BIG deal about it to everyone until SOMEONE took you to the ER. you can take your twins with you and the doctors there will care for them if someone else wont
    if no one will take you and you are really concerned, which you should be
    i would honestly call 911 not to freak you out or anything
    but post pregnancy bleeding like you are describing sounds serious.
    i hope things get better.
    please message me and let me know things are alright!!!!
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 10:13 PM on Apr. 4, 2009