I was 11 weeks preg. and didn't know. I was drinking...

Has anyone else had this happen? Is your baby okay?? I was still getting periods so I didn't know.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When i was pregnant with my son i didn't find out until i was almost 3 months and i drank all the time and he was born fine. I asked the dr. the same thing and they said not to worry about what you did before you found out just don't do it now that you know.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 9:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• i did the same thing and i found out when i was 10 week
    honeyb690

Answer by honeyb690 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Nothing can be accomplished by worrying about what is already done. The anxiety would be bad for your baby. Now that you do know, just do the best you can to be healthy. Pray and have faith that everything will turn out alright!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• Funny story. Not really. But, I got pregnant in September of 05 and didnt know till feb of 06. i was still having what i thought was a period and had NO idea. No symptoms, no nothing. the only reason i found out was because i was having UTI after UTI and nothing would make it go away so i had an xray done and they saw an almost 6 month old baby!!! pretty crazy right? well anyways. i got WASTED on new years of 05 to 06. had NO clue i was pregnant. my son is COMPLETELY fine and turning three. i was drinking most weekends in 05 also. maybe it was just a miracle for me but idk. i wouldn't worry. talk to your doc at your next appt and just mention it. he/she should just tell you that its fine =] good luck and congrats =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 9:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• That actually happens to a lot of women, a friend of mine did the same thing and her son is just wonderful.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 10:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• I happened to me. Don't worry. I'll tell you what my doc told me. FAS pretty much is only something to worry about if you drink consistently throughout your pregnancy. If you cut it off now, you wont' have anything to worry about hun.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• The weekend before I found out I was pregnant, I had an x ray, a fun night at the bar, a trip to six flags where we rode EVERY ride, and an extremely bad sunburn. hahaha I felt so bad. The day after the waterpark I threw up and took a test and then five more saying I was pregnant. My little boy is completely fine.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 10:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2009

• with my second son i didnt know that i was pregnant until i was 8 weeks. I was drinking on a daily bases... just about. and my son is perfectly fine. I was also smoking a pack a day up until that point. once i found out i stopped everything of course but I was very honest with my doctor about this. The doctor told me that there isnt much to worry about. in the early months it does not affect them as much. cuase so little alcohol (if any) actually gets to them.... my doc explained in detail but i dont quiet remember all of what he said.

I am now 5 n1/2 months pregnant &JUST FOUND OUT 2 WEEKS AGO! I have been drinking alot since february cause it was my 21st bday... I found out so late cause at first I thought I wasnt having my period because I was breastfeeding but then i wasnt getting a + test even after I stopped nursing. I have a doc appointment tuesday and pray things are ok. u should b fine cause u arent2 far along
    mommyof_2boyz

Answer by mommyof_2boyz at 2:24 AM on Apr. 5, 2009